Colleges are keen to provide several different opportunities to join a scholarship program in order to create the right environment to complete the study of our student children, and the scholarship policy defines the framework in which these scholarships are utilized according to the following conditions.
- Colleges have a scholarship system for eligible undergraduate students.
- Colleges may also offer a scholarship program to eligible students.
- The value and duration of the scholarship depend on the available budget.
There are general conditions for applying for college grants for admission for the first semester, which are as follows:
- To be a Saudi national.
- To be of good conduct.
- The applicant must receive a rate of at least 95% in high school, a score of at least 85% in the attainment test and a score of at least 85% in the capacity test, which are prepared by the National Measurement Center.
- The trade-off between applicants is competitive and automated according to the weighted ratio, which will be calculated as follows: 30% of the general GPA of the high school certificate, 35% of the achievement test score, and 35% of the capacity test score.
- The applicant must not have obtained a high school diploma more than five years ago.
- The applicant must pass the interview of the section to be studied.
- In addition, any other requirements for the Admissions and Registration Unit, the recommendation of the Committee on Tuition Fees and Scholarships in colleges are applied and approved by the College Board, and the number of grantees should not exceed 1% of the total number of students in colleges.
- Colleges offer this scholarship to the new student only in his first semester and then apply to tuition fees like other students.
Colleges offer a number of special internal scholarships to their students during their studies, in order to stimulate the spirit of competition and motivate their students to excel academically, for students who meet the following conditions apply to them, according to the following:
- The student must be of good behavior in colleges.
- The student should be a participant in activities and active in the faculties.
- The student with the highest academic rate in colleges must be as follows:
- The student is exempt from full tuition fees for the next semester only (no more than 16 credit hours), with a cumulative rate of at least 4. 9 out of 5.
- The student is exempt from 75% of the tuition fees for the next semester only (no more than 16 credit hours) with a cumulative rate of at least 4. 8 out of 5.
- The student is exempt from 50% of the fees for the next semester only (no more than 16 credit hours), with a cumulative rate of at least 4. 7 out of 5.
This follows the recommendation of the Committee on Tuition Fees and Scholarships in colleges and the approval of the College Council, and the number of grantees should not exceed 1% of the total number of students in colleges.
- If more than one student is equal at the highest rate, each of them will be exempted, after the results are adopted by the College Board.
- The committee is recommended by the College Tuition and Scholarship Committee and the final decision is made by the College Board.
Colleges offer scholarships to the first high school and schools to memorize the Holy Quran at the level of the province of Hafr al-Batin in the first semester only, after being presented by the committee of tuition fees and scholarships in colleges, and approved by the Faculty Council and shall be as follows:
- The top-ranked in the province is awarded a 50% reduction in tuition fees for each credit hour in the first semester
- The second-placed superior in the province is awarded a 30% reduction in tuition fees for each credit hour in the first semester.
- The third-placed superior in the province is awarded a 20% reduction in tuition fees for each credit hour in the first semester.
These scholarships are allocated by colleges to students for the children of martyrs of duty with a certificate from the Saudi Armed Forces, the Ministry of Interior or other relevant ministries, when starting to attend colleges and this grant continues provided that the cumulative rate is not less than 3. 75/5, and the number of granted does not exceed 1% of the total number of students in colleges, and the student is required to be enrolled in the children of martyrs of duty during study:
- Bring a certificate that it is covered by the Social Security of the Ministry of Social Affairs and not covered by the support of the Social Charitable Fund or other social institutions.
- Be a regular in the study and positively involved in activities.
- There are no behavioral notes or warnings.
- To get the recommendation of two faculty members in colleges.
The ministry of education grants are submitted in accordance with the ministry‘s requirements for scholarships for high school graduates, which can be known and submitted through the ministry‘s website www.moe.gov.sa, by entering the national university education, then entering the program of internal grants for universities and community colleges and completing the steps of applying for an internal grant and be followed up by the student and under his personal responsibility.
Other entities can provide scholarships to college students according to their requirements, and these requirements can be obtained by visiting the donor‘s website, and the student‘s responsibility to receive the scholarship is not in accordance with the requirements of the donor, provided that they are in accordance with the general requirements of the colleges, and the tuition fees due to each university class are paid before it begins so that the student can register his or her schedule.
- If two or more brothers are admitted to college, their tuition fees will be reduced by 10%, after writing a request supported by the required documents.
- A student whose father or guardian dies while studying in college may reduce his tuition fees by 25% in the semester in which his guardian died after bringing documents proving it.
- The student is not entitled to combine two or more deductions, in which case he or she is entitled to the higher deduction.
- The donor can cancel the student scholarship from colleges by recommending the tuition and scholarship committee in the following cases:
- Low academic level of the student.
- If there is a negative change in the student‘s biography and behavior.
- When withdrawing from colleges.
- Gulf colleges reserve the right to withhold part or full services they provide to students who have not paid the full tuition fees or have not complied with the financial payment plan for each university semester.
- All aforementioned rebates are subject to general terms and conditions in accordance with the college system and regulations.